What is the Cancellation Policy?
Refund/Cancellation and Deferment Policy
*Please refer to the current year’s examination handbook for specific deadline dates at www.echoboards.org.
Candidates who wish to cancel their application for their 2016 examination MUST notify NBE in writing via letter sent by mail (1500 Sunday Dr., Suite 102 Raleigh, NC 27607), fax (919-787-4916), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation options are as follows:
- Candidates registered during the early registration period who wish to cancel/withdraw their application will receive a partial refund of the initial fee minus a $200.00 processing fee. All written requests (via mailed letter, fax, or email) to cancel/withdraw MUST be received in NBE’s office before the early registration deadline*. Any requests received after this deadline, even if postmarked by the deadline, will not be processed.
- Please Note: Candidates that submit an application during the late registration period* are NOT subject to a refund. Withdrawal or cancellation will result in forfeiture of ALL exam fees.
- Candidates may defer, for any reason, their 2016 examination application and fee paid to the 2017 examination registration, as a one-time courtesy, if requests and payments are received before the deadline* for an additional fee of $200.00. Any requests received after this deadline*, even if postmarked by the deadline*, will not be processed.
Deferment process is as follows:
- A written request (via mailed letter, fax, or email) to defer MUST be received in NBE’s office before 12:00 PM (Noon) EST on Monday, May 16, 2016.
- If an examination location and time has already been scheduled, cancel the appointment with Prometric. Upon cancelling the scheduled appointment with Prometric the candidate MUSTprovide the NBE with a copy of the cancellation confirmation that Prometric will provide you.
- Click on Deferment Request and Payment Form and mail, fax or email the completed form to NBE’s office before 12:00 PM (Noon) EST on Monday, May 16, 2016.
- The administrative fee payment of $200.00 is due at time the deferment is requested, deferment will not be processed until payment is made.
- If $200.00 fee is not received before 12:00 PM (Noon) EST on Monday, May 16, 2016 the deferment will not be processed. Candidates at this time will need to take the examination or forfeit ALL exam fees.
If an examination location and time has been scheduled with Prometric, it is the applicant’s responsibility to cancel the appointment at www.prometric.com. Upon cancelling the appointment with Prometric the candidate MUST provide NBE with a copy of the cancellation confirmation that Prometric will email you. Requesting to cancel or withdraw with NBE DOES NOT cancel your examination appointment with Prometric.
REFUND, CANCELLATION AND/OR DEFERMENT REQUESTS RECEIVED AFTER THE PROVIDED DEADLINES*, EVEN IF POSTMARKED BY THE DEADLINE*, WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
1500 Sunday Drive · Suite 102 · Raleigh, NC 27607 · Phone: (919) 861-5582